It doesn’t matter what you are looking for – whether it is the perfect seashell, a great place to build a sandcastle or the perfect place to relax or to have a romantic affair, Captiva Island and its beaches has all of this and more. You can get all the information by Captiva island rentals.
Accolades and awards
Here are few awards and accolades won by Captiva Island and Captiva Island beaches including:
- 2014 – USA Today 10 Best – Sanibel as well as Captiva ranked number 6 best Birdwatching;
- 2014 – Coastal Living – voted #2 cheeriest town by the seaside;
- 2014 – Flip Key by TripAdvisor – Top Vacations Beach;
- 2013 – Conde Nast Traveller Magazine – chose Sanibel as well as Captiva islands as where to go for a Perfect Weekends in Florida;
- 2013 – Travel and Leisure Magazine –Captiva as the most Romantic Beach Getaways in August 2013 features;
- 2013 – Travel Channel – Florida’sTop 10 Beaches– both Sanibel Island and Captiva Island make the top 10 list.
Land Activities: Shelling
Sea shelling is something for the entire family to have fun doing and Captiva Island has a large variety of sea shells to admire, explore, and collect. Captiva Island is the Island that is made up of seashells that created in thousands of years and is one of the world’s best islands for sea shelling. The geography of these islands lies east to west, rather that south to north, which allows for a richness of seashells to grow or accumulate on Captiva beaches from the Gulf of Mexico.
The highly prized and sought-after Junonia seashell is found abundantly on Captiva Island beaches. It previously housed a sea snail, and then this white shell with spiral and brown spots lie on the beaches being verydistinctive andis “the” shell for a shell collector to find. While enjoying your search you can find simply unique shells, you may stumble on beautifully built sandcastles, also!
Captiva Island Land Activities
If discovering the island on land is more appearing to you than water, Captiva Island offers many various ways to do that. You are able to rent scooters, golf carts, or bicycles– just to name a few. Touring the island, you will see striking wildlife, historical buildings, delicious restaurants and appreciate views of the Gulf of Mexico.